7.31.2013

Muddy Buddies


Who doesn't love Muddy Buddies? This week I have been in Lake Powell with my family, and I think for a week straight we were cooking. My mom is not the normal Lake Powell-er, she has made homemade citrus cheesecake, coconut-almond bundt cake and homemade ice cream, and those are just the desserts - I won't even get into the meals. So my contribution dessert/snack were muddy buddies, and they are the easiest treat to make! 

Ingredients:
  • 9 c. Chex Cereal
  • 1/2 c. Peanut Butter
  • 1 c. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 c. Butter
  • 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar







Directions:
Pour cereal into large bowl and set aside. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in Vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until all pieces are evenly coated. Pour powdered sugar over and mix. (Most recipes say to put the chocolate covered chex in a ziploc bag and shake it up with the powdered sugar, but I found that it turns out the same with one less step!) 

This is seriously one of the easiest snacks to make, and great for any get together or party because everyone loves it! I also quadrupled this recipe since we took it on a big family vacation! 



1 comment: